Valley Coffee Shop
Partnership has ended and owner needs to move on.
This needs to be run as a Korean restaurant, Indian restaurant or other non traditional.
People are ready for new taste.
More Info no longer available.
Currently valued at $275,000 (much less than the original cost and upgrades)
Original cost of land and buildings plus upgrades is over $410,000
Paid $200,000 for the Building in 2000
Put $150,000 into the interior. Restaurant, hair salon and two offices.
Added Air and rear entrance $3,000 in 2010
Warehouse building - Storage only.
Outside awning and windows = $10,000
On the outside - Insulated both warehouse and restaurant buildings $27,000
$20,0000 on Air Conditioning
The owner, has no debt and operates as he pleases.
The restaurant currently runs in the daytime but that is not the best use of the location.
An ethnic restaurant would be welcomed in the area.
Lunch, dinner, late night and take-out should pay back the total price in less than 5 years.
Trading area of approximately 8,000 people.
Listing No Longer Available
Place your listing here (Until Sold)
Flat Rate $1,000
1 800 606 0310
Special Offer as of April 15, 2017
Pay us for the valuation and we will advertise on this site for free (until sold)
How to Value or Appraise a Restaurant
1800 606 0310
What is the value of the employees to your restaurant? - What is the value of your clientele?
We can answer these questions in our valuation.
WE WIN IN COURT
Need a bulletproof Business Valuation
“I greatly appreciate the work Eric did on the Valuation of my company. It stood up in court. (April 2017) The Judge soundly admonished the Chartered Business Valuator who tried to contradict Eric’s valuation. If someone needs confirmation and wants to speak to me; Eric has permission to release my number”. (Julian)
Second opinion on a questionable Valuation?
We find that most small business valuators concentrate on Asset, Market, and Income approaches developed in the 1970’s. These are generally easy to defeat in 2017 as most businesses are now made up of 50% or more in “intangible assets” these valuators neglect, or have no means, to properly measure.
|FACTORS AFFECTING RESTAURANT VALUE
This is the key Point: If someone is presenting or proposing a valuation without taking these factors into consideration, the valuation number is likely to be misleading and almost certainly not accurate for a small business.
- Return on Investment
- How has R&D been accounted for?
- Shareholder Agreement (if one exists)
- Value of Employees
(cost of recruitment and training as a group)
- Client Base and cost to rebuild
- Value of Supply Chain
- Value of Distribution Network if one exists
- Internet Presence and Use (social network)
- Dominance if any in the marketplace
- Knowledge Base of Owner and Employees
- Processes and Procedures Documentation
(How well are all aspects of the company documented?)
- Industry Averages
- Lease Terms
- Leasehold Improvements
- Currency Fluctuations and Geopolitical Considerations
- Leverage - Cost of money.
Is leverage applicable and if so at what risk?
- Minority Interest (if applicable)
- Special Interest Purchaser
(Partners are also special interest purchasers as they have more knowledge, interest, and opportunity, with less risk than regular buyers.)
- How well is the business/practice expected to function with changes in management? (if applicable)
|Return on Investment is Always My First and Last Consideration
How Financials Can Be Deceiving:
(This is the kind of practical solution offered by our system.)
Accounting for tax purposes is totally different than interpreting financial statements for Business Valuation Purposes. Let us give you just one example: (Think Partnership or Divorce)
For tax purposes R&D is an expense in the year the R&D occurred. For the purpose of an accurate valuation the R&D should be amortized over a period of 5 to 12 years. HUGE DIFFERENCE.
The financials must be normalized to reflect proper treatment of R&D. If we didn’t do this a company could spend 95% (or all) of the profit on R&D and might successfully claim the company to be worth very little for a short period of time. Perhaps not fraud but certainly manipulation, depending upon the purpose. (Divorce or other partnership)
Eric Jordan, President
Call or email now!
Profiles of some 2016 clients:
Most are in Edmonton, Calgary, Vancouver or Toronto
- Multi Million Dollar Distribution Business- Valuation for purpose of sale.
- Plumbing and Gas Business- Valuation for purpose of divorce proceedings.
- Multi Million Dollar Eco Tour Business- Valuation for purpose of expansion loan.
- Law Practice- Valuation for purpose of sale.
- Lawn and Yard Maintenance business- Valuation for purpose of divorce proceedings.
- Art Studio Franchise- Valuation for accounting purposes and CRA requirements.
- Plumbing Business- Valuation for purpose of divorce proceedings.
- Irrigation and Snow Removal Business- Valuation for purpose of divorce proceedings.
- Large Retail Bakery- Valuation for purpose of sale to employee over 5 years.
- Software Distribution rights in Canada- For Australian Parent Company (Agency Dispute.)
- Janitorial Supply Business- Valuation for purpose of partnership dispute.
- Tree Pruning and Lawn Business- Valuation for purpose of sale.
- Battery Distribution Business- Valuation for purpose of sale.
- Software Testing and Quality Assurance Company- Valuation for purpose of partnership dispute.
- Blind Manufacturing and Installation Company- Valuation for purpose of legal action in partnership dispute. This went to court on May 27, 2016 and resulted in our client receiving over 80% of the amount he sued for.
Client is available as a reference.
- Classic Car Renovation Business- Valuation for multi-million dollar lawsuit in Florida launched by Canadian partners.
- Dance Studio- Valuation for purpose of establishing value for pending sale.
- Cross fit GYM- Valuation for purpose of establishing a viable price for buyer to offer.
- Jim’s Burger Location in US- Valuation for purpose of divorce proceeding.
- Two Wholesale Bakeries- purpose of the valuation was to find values so the companies could merge.
- Sign Manufacturing Business- Valuation for purpose of a minority shareholder leaving company.
- Landscaping and Excavating Company- Valuation for purpose of divorce.
- Day Care Facility- Valuation to support litigation and negotiation for damages inflicted by City in zoning error.
- Accommodation Business- Valuation for purpose of sale.
- Smoker Operation (8 pigs at a time in size)- Valuation for tax purposes.
- Flooring Business- Valuation for purpose of sale.
- Retail Wine Business (Franchise concept)- Valuation for purpose of sale.
- Prop Business- Valuation for purpose of partnership buyout.
- Computer Retail- Valuation for purpose of potential purchase.
- Music Composer Business (original soundtracks for documentary movies and videos)- Valuation for purpose of divorce proceedings.
- Two Pharmacy Locations- Valuation for purpose of sale consideration.
- Luxury Bed and Breakfast combined with Events Business- Valuation for the purpose of sale.
- Pool Building Company- Valuation for purpose of sale to family.
- Automotive Related Business- Valuation for purpose of sale.
- Specialized Manufacturing Firm within Printing Industry- Valuation necessary as someone expressed interest in purchase.
- Daycare- Valuation for purpose of possible sale. (Interested Purchaser came forward)
- Focused Builder- Valuation for purpose of establishing value for employee buy in.
- Software Maintenance Contractors- Valuation for purpose of possible merger. (many millions of dollars)
- Chiropractic Practice - Valuation for purpose of buy in.
- Wholesale Food Business- Valuation for purpose of settling partnership dispute.
- Accounting Firm- Valuation for purpose of divorce.
- Call Centre- Valuation for internal purposes.
- Hair Salon- Valuation for purpose of employee buy in.
- Convenience Store and Gas- Valuation for purpose of lease dispute.
- Specialized Builder of Restaurants- Valuation for purpose of employee buy in.
- Wholesale Food Manufacturing and Distribution- Valuation for purpose of partnership buyout.
- Retail Sporting Goods Franchise- Valuation for purpose of purchase.
- Diesel Repair Shop- Valuation for purpose of partnership dispute.
- Cellular Repair Company- Valuation for purpose of internal planning.
- Roofing Company- Valuation for purpose of partnership consideration.
- Upscale Personal Services Company- Valuation for purpose of internal planning.
- Specialized Wheel Business- Valuation for purpose of sale.
Eric Jordan (CPPA) - 1 800 606 0310
Victoria - Vancouver - Edmonton - Calgary - Saskatoon - Regina - Winnipeg - Ottawa - Toronto
Assignments taken regularly from Business Owners in the US, Australia, and Asia
Expertise and Experience in Intangible Assets and Intellectual Property.
EQUIPMENT AND INVENTORY:
- 38 seat coffee shop
- commercial kitchen
- additional commercial space
- all kitchen equipment is included with sale
- Traulsen two-door fridge
- Impinger convection oven
- and much more, please contact seller for complete list
- trading area of approximately 8,000 people
- only licensed restaurant serving many surrounding communities
Street view of building.
|Interior views of the restaurant.
One of two offices.
Entry to other commercial space.
|Exterior views of the building.
ABOUT THE COMMUNITY:
- Please visit for information about the community.
For more information about placing your information on this space
1 800 606 0310
DISCLAIMER: Listings on www.pin.ca are private offerings and the sale of any investment unit listed on this website has not been qualified, endorsed or recommended by any Federal, Provincial or Securities agency or commission. Do your own due diligence with the help of licensed, professional lawyers, accountants and investment counsellors. Do not rely upon this, or related websites, for investment advice. We try to provide quality information, but we make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy.